Define a User’s Privileges
Privileges determine how a user is able to interact with the database. For example, privileges will dictate whether or not the user can add and delete information.
Assign Privileges to Database User
- Log into cPanel.
- Under Databases, click MySQL Databases.
- Under Add User to Database, select a user from the User drop-down menu.
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to which you wish to allow the user access.
- Click Add.
- From the MySQL Account Maintenance screen, select the privileges you wish to grant the user, or select ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click Make Changes.
Unassign a User from a Database
- Navigate to the Current Databases section of MySQL Databases.
- Locate the database you wish to modify.
- In the Users column for that database, click the X next to the user you wish to delete.
Using the Database
Now that you can create databases and users and assign appropriate privileges, you can use the following articles as a reference to editing and connecting to your databases: